As part of its mission to serve the community, LCOC will continue to increase community access to healthy foods.
LCOC is currently involved with the following food programs:
• The Lubec Community Food Pantry was opened in January of 2016, which distributes food every 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:00-3:00 PM. We currently serve approximately 26% of our community members. You can find an application for the pantry at https://www.lubecoutreach.org/programs/_details.php/Lubec-Community-Food-Pantry-7/.
• Our school food pantry was initiated in March of 2014, the Hornet's Hearth has since been integrated into the regular community pantry and serves our school population.
• As part of the Summer Recreation Program, LCOC has partnered with the USDA Summer Meals Food Service Program to serve over 2000 hot meals during the summer session.
• As part of the After School Program, LCOC is an at-risk center for Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in partnership with the Department of Education and a Kid's Cafe site in partnership with Good Shepherd Food Bank to increase access to healthy snacks.
• Collaboration with Healthy Acadia provides on-going nutrition, cooking and health education classes in the After School Program, the Summer Recreation Program, and the Community Food Pantry.
We are actively partnering with county-wide food systems. We will continue to meet with community members to gather more ideas & input for programs that will enhance healthy food access.